...Time to sew, of course!!
I caught a glimpse of this idea somewhere on the web... cannot for the life of me remember where, though... and it inspired me to digitize this design and turn it into a wrist pincushion.
The design is stitched out onto a speckled cotton, and the rest of the "watch" is of ultrasuede (a scrap from under my worktable). The filling came from a friend's farm, where she raises sheep, so I was able to grab a bag of newly washed wool. This is the best filler for pincushions, as the lanolin lubricates the pins and helps them glide easily through fabric.
I tried making an elastic wristband, but that didn't work at all and I ended up having to take the whole thing apart to replace it with a velcro band.
It has been a while since I digitized anything, and I was happy to see my skills hadn't rusted away entirely. In the process, I upgraded to the new version of Embird, which, I'm happy to say, is still the best bang for the buck in embroidery software. I used their Studio digitizing module, and it really works well.
Unitasker Wednesday: Nuni Taco Toaster
1 hour ago