Sis came over today to try on the second muslin of the Girlfriend Gown (See the first muslin here). I had fixed the neckline in the front and back, narrowed the shoulders, lengthened the godets and changed the flare profile of the skirt panels.
I got it close enough that the next iteration will be in the fashion fabric. I only have a few small tweaks to make: the darts in the back are too short, and the skirt needs to be longer overall. I also need to fix the small "bat wings" that showed up at the armscye (will correct that with a dart uptake setting change).
Here's the back view.
The shoulders look odd because there's still the seam allowance sticking out; the final dress will, of course, be fully lined.
Sis also asked for more flare, so I'll be drafting new skirt pieces too. I'm also trying to figure out how to give the hem some support and a little bit of weight, since the fabric is sooooo lightweight.
The next fitting is scheduled for sometime in the next week; I promised the dress would be done by the 15th.
Where to start organizing your home
45 minutes ago