Sometimes the hardest part of sewing is finding a comfortable position for hand-work. In this case, I was trying to sew the lining to the waist seam, which was on a curve, so I needed something like a ham to shape the seam. My knee was the ideal surface. I just had to be careful not to sew through my jeans.
This was followed by another hour or two of hand-stitching the trim to the front and back neckline. Luckily I had a very engaging podcast to listen to: Canadian radio's "Definitely Not the Opera".
In between bouts of working on the Girlfriend Gown, I am also doing projects for my son Ian, who is leaving in a week to start his Junior year of college at the University of Advancing Technology in Tempe, AZ. He wanted a laundry bag like the one I made for Diana, but with a different embroidery.
The embroidery is really something perfect for the "geek school" he's heading to.
By the way, I decided to use an actual pattern for this bag, rather than figure out the diameter/circumference thing again. I used Wild Ginger's new progam, Wild Things Gifts. It's great!! I used the pattern for the water bottle carrier, but I increased the diameter to 12" and increased the height to 20".
I also got him new towels and embroidered his name on them so they're less likely to be misplaced. Ever since I moved the embroidery machine to its new higher perch, I've been doing so much more with it!
Where to start organizing your home
44 minutes ago