I'm Still Alive, and Back from Puyallup!

Sorry for the hiatus in posting; I was too busy enjoying my trip to the Sew Expo in Puyallup and the vacation following it. So now I have a lot of stuff to write about, and have to resist the temptation to put all of it in one post!!

Today, I'll share my impressions of the Sew Expo, along with some pictures.

So here is the Pavillion, which houses most of the vendor booths. There is another building with more booths and classrooms.

Here is where I spent four days (Thursday through Saturday, 8:30am to 6pm; Sunday 8:30 to 5pm). I'm so happy we had padded carpeting, and places to sit while doing the demos. Rather than having real garments hanging in the booth (as in previous years), there were lots of pictures of people wearing garments. This way we could talk more about the fit you can achieve with the software.

Part of the fun of being at Expo is meeting people you know from various email lists and forums. Here's Deepika Prakash, owner of PatternReview. This was her first trip to the Sew Expo, and she was having a fabulous time. I'm sorry I didn't get to any of the PR get-togethers... our booth was just too busy to get away!

Here's the Wild Ginger Tech Support Maven, Karen, modeling her stylish new necklace, purchased from the Saf-T-Pockets booth. If you look carefully, you'll notice it's made entirely of zipper tape!

The trim on this jacket really caught my eye... It was made entirely of safety pins, snaps, and small pieces of chain. It just looked so different!


This quilted wall hanging was displayed at the booth next to ours. I thought it was so clever, with the frayed fabric under the cat's claws.

One highlight of the week was a surprise delivery of this gorgeous vase of roses, courtesy of my wonderful husband, Bob. He did it for no other reason other than that he missed me.

Part of the fun of being at a sewing show is seeing all the wonderful clothes. The cape on the right was designed by the young lady on the left; I really loved the creative pop of color supplied by the vivid pink of the undercollar; the buttonholes were sewn with the same pink thread.

That's all for right now... In my next post, I'll have pictures of some of the booths and what I found in them.

Comments