I'm officially a lost cause.

I might as well just admit it; I'm a complete lost cause when it comes to doing projects for my "practice grandchild." He's been pretty sick this past week, and I've missed seeing him, so I decided to make him a little "feel better" present.
The first time I made a stuffed animal from the Carol's Zoo pattern was when my kids were in Montessori school, and one of them was in a production of "The Velveteen Rabbit." I made the rabbit for the play, using this pattern, and loved how easy it was.
This evening I decided to make a "Feel Better Bunny" for Gavin. Rather than use fleece (of which I didn't have any appropriate color anyway), I decided to use two thrift store sweaters (pure lambswool, for $2 each!) that I had felted last year for an as-yet-undetermined project. The pattern pieces just barely fit, but the end result was worth it! I also added a design for the tummy to make it more personal.


I'm going to give him the bunny tomorrow morning. I might add buttons for eyes, but then again, I kind of like the plain look too. The sweaters were easy to work with and should stand up to lots of cuddles.

Comments