Some quick sewing for the Hubby

A few days ago, my husband Bob hurt his ankle. He had no idea how, but figured he'd sprained it. Today he decided it was hurting enough to warrant a trip to the urgent care center. Lo and behold, there's a broken bone. Now he's in a splint, and will see the orthopedist on Monday for a cast.
We keep our house pretty cool during the winter, and the splint is too big for any of his regular socks to fit over. So I fired up Wild Ginger's free accessory program, Wild Things!, and drafted a bootie that would fit over the splint. I cut it out of polar fleece, serged the two seams, and now his toes are nice and warm.
Sometimes it's the little projects that give the most satisfaction.

Comments

  1. Wish I had thought to look there when I broke the metacarpi in my foot last year! grrr.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!