Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Costume Progress: Ren's Tux Jacket

It may come as a surprise to many of you that I haven't made a lot of jackets. Actually, I've only made one. But today I doubled my output: I've now made two!!
I took Ren's Tux Jacket to rehearsal this afternoon for a final try-on by the male lead before I did the last hand-stitching on it. I'm VERY happy with how it looks!
Here's a picture of the actual movie jacket (from the 2011 remake):


And here's my version:


The color in this picture isn't quite right... It's more a "Redskins Burgundy" in color.

Here's the actor in the jacket:
I'm very happy with the fit; he can do all the dance moves easily, and the insides look as good as the outsides (I used a paisley print!).
Opening night is a week from Friday, and I still have three dresses to make. I'm hoping to have two of them done by this Friday's rehearsal. Whew!

3 comments:

  1. A tailored jacket is a major milestone. Well Done and good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! You are a crazy woman, Welmoed, or you like working under pressure.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!