Sewing for ME again!

After a pretty long dry spell, I am finally back in the sewing room and eager to revamp my wardrobe. I know; it's about bloody time! To ease myself back into the routine, I decided to make up two of my "tried and true" patterns: some jeans, and a knit top.


Nothing terribly exciting, I know, but I'm very happy with how they came out. The jeans are yoked in the back, and have boot cut legs. The front crotch is a little loose, but not bad enough to do anything about on this pair. Most of the time, it will be covered with my tool apron as these are work pants. They're made out of a very nice stretch denim that I've got plenty more of, so I'll be making more of these in the future.

Back view:

Two patch pockets in the back, and scoop pockets in the front. Fly front.


I must have about six of this same style in my wardrobe already; I keep making them when I find interesting printed knits. I got this fabric at Spandex House in New York City the last time I was up there. It takes me about two hours to put one together; it's all done on the serger and the hem, cuffs, and neckline are turned under and cover stitched.

I've put together a list of the things I want to sew; there's a new dress in my near future. Then I think my husband wants a fleece-lined flannel shirt for the cooler weather (and I'll probably make one for me, too).

Comments

  1. Welcome back. I've missed reading your posts. Can't wait to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a pattern for the top?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!