Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yes, I'm still alive... and finally sewing again.

It seems like ages since I've spent any time in the sewing room. Too many other things have been competing for my time: my daughter is home from college, my husband's business is growing, and we are working on building a deck in the back yard. But I did manage to get down there long enough to crank out another pair of pants using my new Tried and True boot-cut jean pattern generated from PatternMaster Boutique. This is the same pattern I used to make my uniform pants for the January conference in Las Vegas.

I didn't change anything about the fit; the only difference is I made the front pocket openings a bit more horizontal, and I added back pockets.

Front view:
(Sorry for the awkward picture... my husband was eating an ice cream sandwich when I asked him to take pictures, and rather than wait until he was done, he just had the camera in one hand and the ice cream in the other.)

Back view:
To give the pockets some pizzazz, I added an embroidery design from Embroidery Library.

I plan to make these pants again, but next time I'm going to make them a little narrower at the hem, and also just a little bit longer. But this pattern is definitely worth doing again! I also plan to add embroideries to my garments more often; it just adds that little extra something special.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love the wine color. I so admire your sewing talent. I am still learning but at least I'm trying.

    ~Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!