Friday, August 26, 2011

Montgomery County Fair results

The Montgomery County Fair ended on August 20. All six items I entered received ribbons! Although I didn't do as well with some items as I would have liked, I'm still happy they all got something.

The Otakon dress was entered as a "day dress" rather than a costume (you're only allowed one entry per category). It received a fourth place ribbon.


The Smithson Gown was entered as a "formal ensemble" and got a third place ribbon.


Diana's "Ocean Goddess" Otakon costume got a third place ribbon.


The tie I made for Bob for his part of the Smithson gala outfit got a second place.


The vest I made for Bob got a first place ribbon!

And I am most proud of my entry in the Accessories department: the diaper bag I made for my neighbor. It took first place AND a Champion ribbon!


Next year I'm determined to enter more items. I had wanted to enter some of the things I made for Diana during the year but completely forgot to ask her to give them to me in time. Oh well! Just another excuse to make more stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. Don't forget to put this exciting news in The Nimble Thimble!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!