30 Days of Me: Catching Up

I've fallen behind on my posts... Oops! Life got in the way for a few days. So forgive me if I lump a few into a single post.

Day 15: Bible Verse
I probably do own a bible, since I was given one by a friend in High School. But I'm not Christian, so it's never been a part of my life. I'm somewhere between Agnostic and Atheist, with a bit of Pagan thrown in, but mostly believe in the awesomeness of nature itself. People created religion in order to feel important in a world largely beyond their control.

But anyway, my favorite religious quote is from the Jewish teacher Hillel, who lived in the first century CE. When asked to relate everything the Torah had to say while standing on one foot, he replied:
"Do not unto your neighbor what you would not have him do until you; this is the whole Law; the rest is commentary." 
The world would be a much better place if more people followed this with more than lip service.

Day 16: Dream House
I'm actually living in my dream house. The only things that would make it absolutely perfect would be a full staff, a bigger kitchen, and the money to pay for it all.

But seriously. I love our house. And we're working on enlarging the kitchen; since we're doing all the work ourselves, it's going to be several years before we see any real progress. And this post reminds me that our home website is sorely in need of an update. But before I update it, I need to declutter and make the new window treatments. There's always something to do!!

However, I will add that my personal pipe-dream is to own a small apartment on the west side of Manhattan, facing Central Park.

Day 17: Something You're Looking Forward To
Once the kids are out of college and on their own, I want to take a long, rambling, no-fixed-agenda trip around the US with Bob. We'll put a mattress in the back of the van so we can camp if we choose, but will probably stay in hotels most of the time. We'll stop whenever and wherever we like, seeing interesting museums and visiting friends.

Comments