30 Days of Me: Day 18 & 19


Day 18 - Something you regret
I lived in Holland for a year after graduating from high school. During that year, I didn’t visit any museums, historical sights, or anything. I kept to a very narrow “comfort zone”, consisting of my apartment, the local library, and the main shopping street in Utrecht. Looking back, I could have done SO much more… even just taking the train to Amsterdam or something, and wandering around. But it simply didn’t occur to me. I missed out on so much!

Day 19 - Something you miss
Living in the middle of a city. Yesterday we had a “family day”, and spent part of the day wandering around Dupont Circle in DC. Seeing all the little shops, boutiques and restaurants really made me miss the years I spent living downtown, where everything was just a short walk away and getting places didn’t mean spending an hour on the road fighting traffic to get into and out of town, or sitting in a Metro train for an hour. Maybe someday I’ll live in town again, but that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.

Comments