30 Days of Me: Day 22

Day 22: What's in Your Makeup Bag

Uh... nothing?

Really. I wear makeup maybe twice a year: once for the Smithson gala, and maybe if I'm getting my picture taken. I've never gotten into the habit of "putting my face on."

Last week, I went to Ulta (a cosmetics superstore) with my daughter. As we were wandering through the aisles, all I could think of was that this was an entire store devoted to making women feel ugly. There were potions and lotions and creams and powders that promised to make all the "visible signs of aging disappear from view". Note: Not "disappear," but "disappear from view." There's a big difference.

Anyway, I count myself among the great unwashed -- I do not shower every day. So far no one has run screaming from my presence due to a cloud of B.O. My skin isn't as supple and smooth as it was when I was twenty, but then again, I'm not twenty anymore, so it makes sense. I've earned my wrinkles.

Comments