30 Days of Me: Day 7

Day 7: Favorite Movies

I don't watch a lot of television, and rarely go to movies. So there really are no recent films on this list. But these are movies I love to watch over and over; they never get tiresome for me.





This is an obscure one, made by Claymation genius Wil Vinton. I love its quirkiness, and it was the first time I was exposed to Twain's less-well-known stories, such as the Diaries of Adam and Eve. Well worth tracking down.


I first saw this when I was in my teens, and it just captivated me. It's an Italian spoof of "Fantasia" and some of the imagery is just splendid. My favorite part is the evolution of life on earth, set to Ravel's "Bolero".

This one is just so much fun because it's so stupid and highly improbable.

A three-hankie movie. One of Depp's best.

Whenever this movie came on TV, I would watch it. Don Knotts puts in a surprisingly good performance as a fish.

What can I say? It's so sappy, but I love it. Even if it's historically inaccurate. Don't care.

Actually, any of the Miyazaki movies are worth watching, but this was the first one I saw. It's so visually striking, and the little soot balls are so cute.


Lordy, Christopher Reeve was gorgeous. The first movie was so campy, it's tremendously fun to watch. The second was more fun, but it went downhill with Richard Pryor in the third.


Again, a movie I loved to watch whenever it came on TV. I loved the line Henry Fonda gives near the end of the movie: "It's not going to bed with a guy that proves you love him; it's getting up with him every morning and dealing with the kids, the house, the mortgage..." Truer words were never spoken.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a great many movies (the original TRON; Monty Python and the Holy Grail...). I love the older movies, and lean heavily towards comedy and light-hearted escapism. So sue me.

Comments

  1. Thank you for reminding me of some of my favorites and for "putting me on to" a couple I never heard of but will check out. The Claymation Mark Twain and the Italian "fantasia" both sound fascinating! I would add another Chris Reeve movies to my list "Somewhere in Time" Plot is sort of over done but you have Christopher Reeve, Jane Seymour and Rachmaninoff what more do you want!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!