30 Days of Me

I've never participated in one of these types of posting things, but this one intrigued me, so I'm going to give it a try. This particular list has been making the rounds since last year.

Supposedly, I'm going to be posting every day on a specific topic. Don't worry; this isn't the only thing I'll write about! I'm still sewing (and trying to organize the sewing room as I go) and will post about those projects too.

Day 1: Introduction, recent picture, and 15 interesting facts

Well hello there! I'm Welmoed. And for those of you who have always wondered, it is pronounced "VEL-moot". It's an old Dutch name that means "full of good cheer".

Here's a picture of me and my husband of 25 years, Bob. We were at a black-tie dinner in Atlanta, Georgia. This picture was taken late January 2011. I really don't like having my picture taken. (oops... Did I sneak in an interesting fact prematurely?)


(Yes, that's a Smithson Gown... It was so nice to be able to wear it again!)

Now for those facts. Whether they're interesting or not...


  1. I was born in the Netherlands and moved to the US when I was 3 years old. I still speak Dutch.
  2. I made an appearance on CNN’s “Sonya Live”.
  3. I used to be a two-pack-a-day smoker but quit in 1985.
  4. My mother taught me to sew when I was 8 years old.
  5. I live in a castle with a fire-breathing dragon.
  6. I love to visit New York City, especially with my daughter.
  7. I collect “blind boxes” – little plastic toys from Japan.
  8. I adore estate sales.
  9. I’m great with ideas but lousy about executing them.
  10. I read to my kids every night, from the time the oldest was 6 months old until the youngest was in high school.
  11. We don’t have cable or satellite TV and I don’t miss it a bit.
  12. I’ve been on the internet since 1981 (CompuServe).
  13. I have a degree in Journalism with a minor in Psychology.
  14. When I was 18 I moved to Holland for a year and lived on my own.
  15. I used to sell digitized embroidery designs on the web.
So that's it for the first day (which I got in just under the wire). I'll be taking bets as to how long I keep up with the posting challenge.

Comments

  1. I like getting to know you better "vel-moot" I would also love to speak another language but alas..I am to distracted.

    Don't let the challange create undo anxiety..okay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating that you have been on the internet for such a long time--long before I knew an internet existed. I thought I was up-to-date when I discovered it in 1992! Thanks for sharing!

    I enjoyed all your stories and getting to know you.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!