Party Pajamas

Good grief, I just saw that I have not made a single post in over a year. I will need to catch up and post the stuff I made in 2019. Not that it's all that much, but still. I was sewing.

My latest creation: Onesie pajamas for Bob and me to wear to a pajama-themed New Years Eve party.

The fabric is a lusciously soft minky fabric with a hedgehog design (the mascot of the club where the party was). The pattern for mine was drafted with PatternMaster Boutique, and the one for Bob was done with PatternMaster Tailor Made (their menswear software). They have convertible collars with no facings, and inseam pockets.

The closure is a long front zipper. And here is where I messed up. I don't do a lot of lapped zippers, and managed to mix up the lap directions. Whenever I do a button front, it's not as much of an issue, since the plackets are identical and the lap is determined by which one gets the buttons and which the buttonholes. With lapped zippers, once it's in, it's in, and if it laps wrong, oh well!

Years ago I attended a seminar with Jim Suzio, and will always remember his little mnemonic about lap directions: "Women are always right, and men are left over." For some reason, I nearly always mess it up with lapped zippers. I made Bob's pajamas first, and managed to get the lap backwards, so it laps right over left. Oops. So when I made mine, I paid extra attention to the lap... only to make it with the lap left over right.

So what did I do? Absolutely nothing. And nobody noticed.

We are far more critical of our own work than anyone else is. So relax; the vast majority of people will never see your "mistake". And anyone who understands sewing and recognizes what you did, they will keep their mouth shut because they know it doesn't matter anyway.

Comments

  1. I have seen your blog you both are looking beautiful It's a great blog and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!