This afternoon I returned to the high school auditorium to fit the second fat suit, this time for the (skinny) young lady playing Tracy. I learned a lot in the process of making the first suit, and applied it to this one with such good results that I know I'm going to have to take the first one apart and redo it. But I'm not upset; the end result is what matters.
The differences is that I added bust and butt pads, made of poly quilt batting stuffed with more poly batting. I will use a tag gun to fix them in place during the next fitting, and will then secure them with hand stitches.
The only alteration the director asked for is to take a bit off the hips (you can't see from this angle, but she's got quite the jodhpurs look going on). I just wish the suit fabric matched her skin tone better so she could wear a sleeveless dress in the final scene. But alas.
The next fitting session is on Monday, and at that time I need to have both fat suits pretty much complete, plus one outfit for each of them (a muumuu for Edna and a blouse and skirt for Tracy). I also need to pin-fit some existing dresses for some of the other cast members so they can be altered. The good news about these alterations is that they are to dresses I made two years ago for the production of "Dreamgirls!" at the same school, and when I made them I designed them for easy alterations.
2018 Gift Giving Guide: Consumable gifts
7 hours ago